Thursday 10 January 2013

Best. Thing. Ever (and dealing with negativity)

How is 2013 working out for you so far? I am so absolutely thrilled with my new role in life that I can now not imagine life without it, and I feel like it's going to make 2013 my best year ever.


I've never had the courage to do anything like this before. I've spoken before about how it is incredibly hard to put yourself out there in the world, and how sometimes people will criticize before they even realise what they are saying. I've taken a small amount of criticism and some of it hasn't been that constructive.  Sometimes I have found that negative comments can swing around and around in my head for days, blackening my mood and draining my confidence. Even if I know the person hasn't meant for me to feel that way. Even if I know their critique is rooted more in their own issues than in mine.


The fact is, however I may come across, sending that email to sign up for the presenting role was really, really hard. Waiting for a response really sucked. Walking to the station on the first day was a terrifying gamble between taking a step forward and simply legging it and hiding in a bush for two hours. But I did it.

I hope that this year will be the year that I become someone who can take these leaps more easily. Someone who trusts their instincts and doesn't spend hours agonizing over even the smallest decision. Someone who can put themselves out there knowing that not every single person is going to like me, but that it really doesn't matter. I hope it will be the kind of year where really awesome stuff happens!

I truly hope it's that kind of year for you, too.

Katy x

7 comments:

Similiar Posts...